RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States
Re: The Word "Aikido"

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
O Sensei's intent for his aikido?
Hi Mark -

I was commenting on this quote from Francis' column: "The Founder made it clear that we individually and collectively are free to create our own template of Aikido, based if we wish, on the model that he himself created. This may also mean that we can interpret the meaning of his Aikido, and that of our own creation, in the manner that best suits our purpose, our sense of fairness and respect for the original model, and one that best serves our relationship with our peers and our students over time."

You're free to take issue with the ideas expressed in the quote, but to me it expresses intent pretty clearly.

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
With all those Japanese students not understanding what Morihei Ueshiba was saying to them, with Morihei Ueshiba not actually teaching those students his personal training regimen, with those students not being able to martially replicate his skills, how is it that you know that there's "room for all to study and gain thereby" from Morihei Ueshiba's aikido? Are you so perfect in your knowledge of Morihei Ueshiba and his aikido that you can state that?
Please do no mistake a statement of opinion, which is an expression of belief, with an assertion of fact which requires documented proof. Again, you're free to disregard my opinion and cultivate your own if that suits you.

Best,

Ron