View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Teachers Only Internal Training?

Well, my argument is not so much about the teacher's good intentions, etc., but more along the lines of how a "teacher" can necessarily assimilate the knowledge and skills in such a way that they can honestly be differentiated from a, say, "beginner". I.e., I'm not sure why a "for teachers only" workshop is an important criterion as an approach to a workshop.

Please bear in mind that my view, after many years of experience in these body skills, is that there are many variations in level and approach to teaching, learning, etc., of the skills and that there are facets that should be discussed before everyone leaps willy-nilly into the idea that there is only one method of training "internal arts" and that if they get some general idea of what "it" is, they can begin teaching it. In my opinion, a little more caution should be used. But then again, each to his own. I've only met very few people in my lifetime that are convinced that they don't know most of what there is to know. Sort of like envisioning the satisfied smile of a Christian who holding four aces in a poker game.

Best.

Mike Sigman