Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #357
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Graham
OK I think have .....have something here................

You mistake peer pressure...pressure to conform...with peer review which is an effort in an honest evaluation of something that is being presented.

If I step up and say this is the way, I can do it all, I have a clear understanding of what the real meaning was, the real intent is........... I would expect someone to raise a hand in question.... If I say that I can handle every situation, every individual, every occurrence....I would expect some one to raise a hand in question........ If I were to say my way is the way, that the rest of you have no clue, you don't get it, you don't/can't understand it..... I would expect someone to raise their hand in question.... When folks raised their hands you took it as pressure to conform.....and walled up......

As for me I am no ones lap dog

I have a small picture posted on my wall that sez "He won't site, He won't beg, He won't heel.... BAD DOG Built to bark......"

I also have the phrases up like:
  • Be Skeptical, but learn to listen
  • Live each day with courage
  • Be tough, but fair
  • Know where to draw the line
  • Remember that some things aren't for sale
  • Take pride in your work
  • Do what has to be done
  • Always finish what you start
  • Give allegiance and respect where they are deserved and returned
  • The world is what you think it is
  • There are no limits
  • Energy flows were attention goes
  • We are each responsible for our experiences
  • The point of power is always in the present moment
  • Bless the present, Trust yourself, Expect the best………

Having said all of this....I expect folks to offer their comments and opinions, whether asked for or not, I also expect that I will look at all of these, may ask others for their take on things and adjust as needed. It is also very likely that I would get out and see by personal contact were the reality rest.....but that is just me......

Bye the way, congrats on the fun time you had with the soccer.......

Gary
Gary.
I gave various examples of peer, only one on peer pressure, I used your definition too.

Peer review. Who is anyone to review? In a system complete with heirarchy, more advanced, higher graded, peers then they may review and that would be very useful. That is standard. Albeit quite minor really, but standard none the less. The peers are of your style, your line, your organization, your world.

All others are not your peers. So I suggest most of you should review the words you use. So forget all this peer review nonsense when talking about someone outside of your organization and your world.

My training had plenty of review and testing thank you by my peers.

So what is it you and others here are saying? You and they are not my peers. You and they are unqualified to review therefor. You and they are only qualified for peer review with those doing the same style or way as you.

So anything you mean or are trying to say you need to reword.

What do you mean by accepting and expecting others comments and opinions and then asking others their views and then even going out to meet some maybe? You say it like it's something I don't do, have never done, am against.

I may have done this more than you so what's your point?

If I was to say.........(all those things) you put above? What's all that about?

Peace.G.