View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #57
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA
Re: Need some advice.

Old school/new school, it doesn't matter much in this situation. The original writer described an event that was an assault in most places and asked for advice as to how she should handle it. I think most people gave her decent and credible advice and took her at face value. No one here was capable of acting on the situation directly, or even calling for the villagers to fire up their torches.

Based on her assertions of what happened, my original opinion remains the same and I would leave it in the hands of the authorities to sort out. I would also leave it in the hands of the court to assess guilt or innocence. Punishment, if appropriate, would be in the context of community standards and the law. I continue to believe that someone victimized as described would benefit from counseling as well.

Even if you assume that AnonAikidoka is a complete fraud (and I don't - there is simply a ring of truth to her story to me), then the writer has done our community a service and brought a subject into light that might benefit someone else at another time. I don't see that as a rush to judgement - but as Dennis Miller puts it, "I could be wrong."

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."