View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #33
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Another controversial question....

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Folks this is LA not podunk...Like New York the cost of starting a business here is huge. If you breakdown the fees per class/hour it's more than reasonable.

Even though he has the Seagal name and his mother's backing His business plan still must work in the real world.

Hopefully the next person who has something to say about this has actual experiance running a Dojo as a business and/or has actually practiced with the guy.

I wish him the best of luck.

William Hazen
After reading some of the comments here last night I went to bed wondering if people have any idea what the cost is to lease any reasonable amount of space in Southern California... There's a reason so many aikido instructors work out of garages, community centers, churches, etc. Rent ain't cheap here... And making a go of it in a crowded market isn't the easiest thing.

On any other aspects of it... Well, I have no clue what the guy's training or quality is at. Time has a habit of shaking these things out. If he's offering quality training he'll survive. If not...

I wish him the best of luck as well. I imagine he probably has a lot of resources to fall back on to make it work. And more power to him.