View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:41 AM   #5
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Military Training Methodologies

Thanks for the great posts Kevin and Kit.You both hit the nail on the head. I really have nothing to add except my alluding to learning the OODA Loop which I posted in the other thread...

I have personally experianced the most intense combat training the Army has to offer which is the basis for my posts on the subject and a point of referance for you good folks.

In my experiance the Army training methodology is the quickest most efficient way to convert fear biters into cold blooded killers...

Where you go from there parses into an even greater paradigm but for that I must depend on those who have survived the experiance of Infantry Combat or Officer Involved Shootings. I completely trust and reley upon both your opinions in that regard.

I first read Dave Grossman's book when it came out. there is some dispute regarding his historical thesis however...A companion book about the paradigm of military training is SIr John Keegan's excellent "The Face of Battle" along with one Kevin my be familiar with "The Mask of Command."

William Hazen