View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #41
budokid
Philippines
Re: Tracing my Philippine Aikikai Roots

Mr. Raul,

So what if Sensei Camar's group is not affiliated? So what if his yudanshas don't have your so-called "yudansha ceriticates from Japan"? Does that make them less of an Aikido Practitioner(s) compared to you "affiliated" guys?

You know what, I doubt if you "affiliated" guys can keep up with how even their colored belts play - how much more for their browns and yudanshas. You should see how they play before you pass judgement.

How about going directly to Sensei Camar himself and asking how he got his "8th Dan"? Or better, tell your leadership to go directly to him and ask and scold him for those "claims". Get a statement. That should clarify things up.

John

Quote:
Raul Rodrigo wrote: View Post
Juaniyo:

If you read my posts, you will find that I have taken pains not to disparage Camar sensei. We are simply raising questions about certain factual claims made by the Philippine Aikikai Federation (formerly Manila Aikido)-- for instance, claims about being 8th dan, about being still connected to Hombu Dojo. Raising questions about facts is not the same as issuing an insult, or being "un-aiki." If a person makes a claim in a public forum, he should be prepared to back it up, and in fact Ritchie has conceded that Camar's group no longer has any connection to Hombu Dojo. Read post #28.

I have said nothing about someone's technique being superior or inferior. If respect is what you are looking for, then, yes, certainly Camar and Valencia and Talag and the other Filipino aikido pioneers certainly deserve our respect.

best,

RAUL