Thread: Ki is Kindness.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #121
niall
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Japan
Re: Ki is Kindness.

Quote:
The ki of all creation brings accord between the best points of the physical and spiritual sciences and has none of their demerits. If we human beings can be in a correct relationship with this ki then struggle between people would disappear and peace would prevail in this world.
Quote:
In the past, Martial Arts were mistakenly used to support the seemingly unending killing that characterized Japan's past. Aiki, on the other band, is to save human life. Put another way, Aiki is the way of preventing injury to others. Respect for human life is the way of Aiki, and this is why the "Ai" of "Aiki" is closely related to another Japanese word "Ai," which means "Love." It is because of this relationship, in fact, that I originally named my own way "Aikido."

This also means that the "Aiki" mentioned by martial arts practitioners of old is fundamentally different in both content and form from what I refer to by "Aiki." I hope that everybody will think carefully about what I am saying here.
Quote:
Budo originates in the divine love which protects everything on the earth.
O Sensei Morihei Ueshiba
http://www.cityaikido.com/osensei-memoirs.pdf

Well that's what O Sensei said. Thanks for the interesting posts, Graham.

we can make our minds so like still water, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life
w b yeats

aikiweb blog|wordpress blog