View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 10:58 AM   #18
Bill Danosky

Dojo: BN Yoshinkan
United_States
Re: "Islam is peace"

At first, I was very disturbed by the article about the human rights record of old Tibet and Buddhists in general. But it's really just the same truth retold about absolute power corrupting absolutely.

If you think about it, it actually contains both the evidence of, and the keys to our evolution as a species- Just as Yin and Yang co-exist, so do attachment/ non-attachment and corruption/ non materialism.

What I took from the article is that no one is beyond the seduction of power and wealth, and that "it" must be the force exactly opposite religion. This is why we have separation of church and state, and once more it's been proven that it's for the very best of reasons.

The one thing I disagreed with was that it's bad to romanticize the "paradise lost" that seemingly never existed. I think even imagining a wholly peaceful, spiritual society is productive to the creation of one, even in our own hearts and homelands.

Now Buddhists, Muslims and Christians have another thing in common. This is how we know when we're on the path of truth- we find more as we go!