View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Angry white pyjamas (One year instructor programme in Lancaster, UK)

Quote:
Paul Sparks wrote: View Post
Iwama Ryu North West will be running a one year Instructor programme, based in Chorley, Lancashire, UK

In Japan there is a zero to black belt course run for the Tokyo riot police. This course is spread out over a year and is very intensive. It is also available to foreign students, interested in Aikido. A former student of this course, Robert Twigger, wrote about his experiences of this course and life in Japan, a very interesting book entitled, Angry White Pyjamas. Iwama Ryu North west has received permission from Mr Twigger to use this name and link it to our own version of the course.

The whole experience of our one year programme shall be based upon the "uchi-deshi" experience. Uchi deshi simply translates as live in student. Each person to enrol on this course will live in at the dojo (training hall) for the duration of the course. Everything revolves around the study of Aikido. Students will have access to a kitchen to prepare meals, will work together to maintain the cleanliness of the dojo and work together to develop their Aikido. The whole course is centred around strong basics of the Iwama Ryu syllabus. An extensive library of Aikido books and videos will be available for study. The course will be very intensive with a minimum of five hours tuition per day, Monday to Friday. Two weekends per month will be extra training courses. Overall each student will have logged over 1000 hours tuition, prior to sitting their Shodan (black belt, first dan) test. Each student must also keep a daily logbook of study and self study to be handed in at the end of the course. IT facilities will be available for video diaries. Internet access will also be provided.

This course is costed at £6500-00 per person for the whole year. This will include 3 meals per day, Monday to Friday. Students will have to self cater on weekends. Students will sit the Shodan test at the end of the year under the eye of Sensei Matt Hill, the UK representitive of Hitohira Saito Sensei. There are 30 places available for this instructor programme and any interest should be logged via the website, www.iwama-ryu-north-west.org
Iwama Ryu North west are not responsible for foreign students arranging travel or visas. This instructor programme will commence towards the end of 2011, dates still to be confirmed.
In Aiki,
Iwama Ryu North west.
Hi,
Read your web page.It indicates you run a non profit org.By my reckoning your one year course would bring in gross £195000 .Now unless you are feeding the guys on caviare [my little joke] if I couldnt show a profit at the end of a year I would eat my zori. You also will have potentially 30 Molly Maids to clean /dust and maintain the premises.
Cheers, Joe.