View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: Freeform Bokken Drills to Develop Aiki Flow

Mr. Patterson,

Please pardon me for interjecting in this conversation. Chris, is an internet friend, who has shown me a bit of kindness. As such, out of a bit of loyality, I am coming to his defense.

First, I have seen your tapes. You are very good in your form and application. At least, that is my opinion. I make this opinion as someone who has studied for over 45 years.

Second, I'm sure Chris probably worked out at your studio once or twice. And I think, he is somewhat playing tribute to your abilities as a teacher. Certainly, over my past 45 years, in the martial arts I have also had many people who claim to know me or to have studied with me.

Unfortunately, I can't recount many of them. I think it is a matter of old age. At any rate, my belief, is that the adept's abilities speak for themselves. It really doesn't matter who attaches themselves to us. Our reputation is not tarnished.

Certainly, any of us who says we haven't exaggerated is bit, or "white-lied" is either a saint or an even bigger liar. Again, you skill speaks for itself, in physicality, intellect and spirituality.

I'm sure Chris wishes you the best and still admires "whatever" skills he came away with in his limited association with you.

Best wishes,
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola