View Single Post
Old 10-02-2002, 06:54 AM   #1
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
high repititions in training

I have been returning to the simple treatise of using high repititions with light weights for my stretching exercises, and now with muscles returning, I am starting to lose the sensitivity of feeling movement.

Many years ago, Charles Atlas brought out a series of Muscle Tension exercises in where you concentrate on muscles being exercised using tension, and in some modern studies there has been a reintroducion of this technique of training being extremely valid.

The problem with getting muscle mass is that it takes a while to get the feeling of movement because everyone and everything is much lighter than it was, and in my case, I immediately resort to physical shortcuts that would be the case in a knowledgable opponent. This means the gorilla is strong enough to literally muscle techniques rather than let the motion dissappate or let the wave go by.

Does anyone else have a training solution, other than slowing down to reacquire sensitivity lost to the gorilla muscles coming back?

If you are wondering what I am talking about with high repetitions, each exercise has a goal of 500 repititions, whether it be tension pushup, or leg exercises, or whatever.