View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #40
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: YouTube: 1984 NY Aikikai 20th anniv demo Chiba-sensei

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote: View Post
Are there any videos of Chiba that were made in the past year or two? A Google search didn't turn anything up for me, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. I'd be more interested in watching them than these old clips.

Edit: The first one in this series looks like it's from 2010. Compare and contrast this to the old videos. It looks like there are some interesting changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpq42...A220BBCC1AC4DE

(sorry - couldn't find an icon for embedding video...)
Hi Cady,
It me again. You are quite correct when you state there are changes in the way Chiba Sensei trains and his approach to training.In the early days when I first met him[1970] Sensei was a force of nature , so much power and he had as Peter Goldsbury states a warrior spirit.
As time passed by Chiba Sensei has mellowed .He is currently inactive.Over the last few
years he has been transmitting his method of Aikido , in body art and weapons, concentrating his efforts on establishing sound Aikido principles to students , thus ensuring hopefully that the students have a good understanding of Aikido as and when or if they choose to be teachers in the future.On my own part I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Sensei for all that he has given me over the last 43 years. I am sure that many others feel exactly the same as I do. Rather than focus on a minute part of Chiba Sensei's aikido [the video with Juba ] one should review and look at the broader picture before making judgements about his work.Cheers, Joe