View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #231
RonRagusa
Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido
United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
I believe that is exactly how scientists have explained the existence of black holes - since nothing can escape the gravitational pull of a black hole, no actual physical evidence can be obtained of their existence, but by looking at physical effects of things around them, you get secondary evidence. Also, can you see wind? no, but you feel its effects on you and see its effects on other things.

Actually , I can feel ki and and I can control it in my body; therefore, to me, I have evidence of ki.

Greg
Scientists have used the evidence to infer the existence of black holes but black holes still remain a theoretical construct as far as science is concerned. And actual evidence can be obtained from the observation of Hawking radiation, if it exists as more than just a theory.

Wind on the other hand can be directly measured with regard to speed. The component molecules that make up air can be isolated and even viewed using a sufficiently powerful microscope. Wind can be created in the laboratory, it can be blocked, used to turn a windmill...

I have no doubt that you can and do use Ki and can feel it, and its absence when your mind and body are not coordinated. But that evidence is anecdotal if you insist that Ki is a form of electromagnetic energy. Perhaps your feelings and physical prowess with mind and body coordinated can be explained as a very complex synergy of mental and physical processes heretofore unexplained and unobserved. If that's the case then KI as an all pervasive energy (like the old pre-relativity ether) is unnecessary and can be done away with altogether.

All I'm saying Greg is that your belief that Ki exists as energy independent of what you do to create it is as much an act of faith as scientific certainty.

Ron