View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #63
DH
United_States
Re: Golden Center Aikido for your pleasure

Quote:
Ed Duffy wrote: View Post
Sorry, if I came across being harsh.
.....So introducing you to a solid object to bring back reality of this needed respect for others, doesn't bother me in the least. However, I will pray for your healing after the fact.
May God bless!
Ed
I liked that comment Ed. There are many reasons I respect Ueshiba-as Ellis noted in his book- and first and foremost was this model.
I think confusion enters into the picture due to the lack of good models as I previously mentioned. Just as most people still think of their dads strength or power as daunting-due to them growing up admiring their dad- they still think of their teachers that way. So those who were indeed just the wallpaper of the budo world left a lack luster heritage. Love is indeed many times blind. Critical thinking and dispassionate review is the best way to go.
There is really no way to know if your aiki is truly worthwhile if all you do is play with your own group. Yet...what do we see the majority of people doing? Most of these people we see in the videos would all but completely fall apart if they ever stepped on the mat with people with serious aiki skills, much less serious fighting skills and aiki. So they avoid being exposed. Others confront, self-examine and grow.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 09-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.