View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #62
ronin67
Japan
Re: Golden Center Aikido for your pleasure

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
I agree. It's bordering on the ridiculous that all of us keep being told we don't "understand" what we are seeing and we don't "get" aikido or how "effective" this stuff is....
It is noteworthy that there are no positive comments from anyone we would consider competent. It seems all the ki guys and all the English guys here walked away from this as well.
Dan
Sorry, if I came across being harsh. But being a retired U.S. Army Military Policeman, it just doesn't look like anything I have encountered as a shred bit useful that would help me apprehend a belligerent/combative subject. I'm all into the harmony aspect of Aikido, but it has to work when applied. I took up Aikido in the first place out of job need. It is very important as a law enforcement officer to have a good background in unarmed self-defense. Aikido, seemed to be the best choice for me (other then the fact that sometimes as a policeman you have to be on the offensive when apprehending a subject).

If you are trying to hurt me or trying to hurt innocent people, I don't have a issue with getting that balance of nature back by causing you pain as the aggressor. To me you have lost your sense of responsibility as a fellow human being by ignoring the harmony of others. So myself introducing you to a solid object to bring back reality of this needed respect for others, doesn't bother me in the least. However, I will pray for your healing after the fact.

May God bless!

Ed

"Aikido can never truly bring peace without the full understanding and application of KI ".
-Me