View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #60
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: Woman's Knife vs. Multiple Attack

[quote=Kevin Leavitt;202795]I think you and I have polar philosophical views. I personally do not really believe in "good" and "bad" necessarily, or at least that things can be put in neat boxes labeled good and bad. I believe good or bad depends on your perspective and angle. what is good for one may be bad for another. (I am talking on a philosophical level, not a societal level).

Interesting I never heard the word manipulation bother anyone. I am sure it can though in some way. (again, perspective and angle).

Major Leavitt,

Well, communication is quite interesting. When you say polar, you begin with two ends of a spectrum. Most people in our society think in terms of right and wrong because of the "acceptance" of the "idea" of a linear spectrum. In fact, it is more like a spiral.

What seems right now turns out to be wrong later. What is wrong now changes to right later. As such, point of agreement: I too, believe that perspective changes our views of right and wrong.

Preaching is a form of direction and motivation. The message of the preacher is to provide hope. It is why religion brings comfort to billions of people. It, religion is also the basis for the death and destruction of people and cultures and millions of innocent people. The armies of the world have gone into combat shouting the mantra of the rightness of their religious viewpoints.

As such, what seems to be right in hindsight may be wrong and what seems to be wrong now is viewed as right in the future., A leader knows how to adapt to change.

Have you viewed the tape I provided? Notice that the woman teacher is constantly changes, multi-tasking and orchestrating the defense of the multiple attack. The method is not choreographed, She changes with the attack. She flanks and seeks the best position of offense and defense. She doesn't move in a linear spectrum of right and wrong. She spirals.

Sincerely
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola