Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #22
AnhXanh
Dojo: Oslo Aikido Dojo
Norway
Re: Iwama or Tanabe

Quote:
Arjan de Vries wrote: View Post
Hi all,

What is more interesting: Iwama or Tanabe? I think we have to make a choise. (Schedule: Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, (Tanabe), Tokyo, Hombu, (Iwama).

We will be for 10 days in Japan.

Cheers,

Arjan
This seem to be too much for a 10-day trip! If I were you, I would either extend the trip or cut down on the number of places. Which place I would recommend depends on what your priorities are: Do you mainly go to practice or will you mainly be a tourist?
For a ten-day trip I would recommend to skip both Tanabe and Iwama. Fukuoka, Hiroshima (possibly with a two-hour stop in Himeiji to see the castle), Kyoto and Tokyo/Hombu dojo seems more than enough for ten days. Iwama is of course a very special place, but if you are going, you should spend a couple of days at least and sleep over in the dojo. Actually, I don't really see why Fukuoka is on your top-five list of places to visit in Japan either, but I guess you want to visit Shohei Juku and Suganuma sensei, right?
Anyway - enjoy your trip, and don't try to do too much. Remember that you need to save something for your next trip