View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Henry Wang sifu's no touch

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
In my case with Jing explanations it is easy to pull from a books. I can sound really good when I have my books, or rewords things to sound like I know more deeply about things than I do when it comes to Chinese Martial Arts. But, I don't do that. I understand Jing on an overview level in the Chinese Martial Arts. Thanks for fleshing that out.
Well, "Jin" is what Koichi Tohei is doing in his ki-tests, so anyone who uses "ki strength" or whatever nom de jour you want, understands basic jin. If you use jin strength in conjunction with someone else's input force, you have "aiki". It's that simple. Of course there are levels of skills and applications that can be developed; think of being able to play chords on a guitar versus the rasgueados and arpeggios of a master. Plus there are levels of body conditioning that assist jin skills. My point is that all of these things are the same things, if you understand enough to get past the nomenclature confusion and the fog of the 'experts' and teachers who don't really know anymore than most of the students about the subject. I.e., don't take any wooden nickels.

FWIW

Mike Sigman