View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #71
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: "resisting" a push part 2

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
Well, you did, when you drew the diagram and started treating "efficiency" and "using less muscle" as the goal, and decided that fascia and tendons couldn't play any part in using less muscle (since they aren't accounted for in your diagram).

There's no part of this discussion that makes sense.
Connective tissue is something I've talked about, that is fascia and tendons. I never said they don't play a roll, they are essential parts of the body. When we were talking about using the least amount of muscle possible, the only way I could think of to solve the problem was to align the skeleton with the ground, thus taking some of the stress off of the muscles.

I also said that good athletics uses skeletal alignment. I also said, a number of times that it takes more muscular force to resist a push if you are not aligning the bones of the body. I also said that the better the alignment the less the muscles will have to contract.

If using less muscle is not a goal of internal, then maybe alignment is not not your answer. If you do it in another way I would love to hear about it. Don't put words in my mouth Hugh.