View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #68
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: What is "IP" discussion of Internal power.

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
If you are in the hard sciences/ engineering, and you told me something about IP other than "Wow, there's this weird thing these other guys are doing and we should do it too!" I'd be all ears. You've got a lot of 'splaining to do, Lucy.

And, since I also have a degree and experience in engineering, you could feel free to use pretty big words and complicated ideas, like vectors and normal forces and torque and line integrals and divergence and shit. I aint skeeerd.

So far, I am not convinced there is anything there but good biomechanics. And they seem to be covered up in a lot of vague handwaving about spiralling energy and other inspecific stuff. Tell me something real.
Well, in the end I suppose you could say that everything is biomechanics, since we are biomechanical creatures - even thought impulses are biomechanical in nature at some level. On the other hand, that doesn't mean that these things are simple, easily understood, or even generally understood by most people.

There are a number of Chinese classical texts that lay these things out in some detail - if you can wade your way though them.

Best,

Chris