View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #49
Walter Martindale
Canada
Re: Just how real is violence? And where does Aikido stands in all of this?

Quote:
Lyle Laizure wrote: View Post
Some of these posts are really terrible. This attitude of "he deseves what he gets" is appauling. Just because a person makes a poor decision about where they choose to walk, who they talk to or who they look at doesn't mean they deserve any kind of physical correction. Does the same apply to the woman who's out and is raped? The guy's defense is he could tell by the way she was dressed that she wanted it. Is that ok? Where do you folks draw the line? No one, no one (in any of these scenarios) deserves to be physically or even verbally assaulted. First of all it is against the law. Secondly, what kind of moral character do you have if you believe that it is ok to assault someone for these reasons. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I am saything that it is WRONG!
I don't think there's much in the discussion that implies it's OK to be assaultive for any of the above reasons. It happens, but it's not "right"... And yes, assault is against the law. There are a few things that can't be legislated.. Sanity for one, "law-abidingness", for another..