View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #90
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Basic elements of Aikido

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote:
While I think you probably don't know much about aikido "power" as opposed to "flow" considering what is normally meant by that level, you may be someone who should have been promoted to yondan for your aikido martial ability and just decided that rank was not for you.
So, Rob.... lay it out factually. Tell me something about "flow" and "power" that you think I may not know. Explain how it's done, even. I've spent a lot of time talking about ki and kokyu and you have yet to rebutt me factually.... if you want to start a different tack on "power" and "flow", do so. I'll either admit I know nothing about it, little about it, or I'll rebutt your positions factually. I won't start trying to assassinate your character. Same would happen on a Chinese arts list... people who devolve to character attacks are simply thrown off on the better lists.

So.... lay out some facts to back up your position. Don't make it a matter of me and what I know... lay it out factually, what it is and how it's done, etc. Focus on the facts of that issue alone, as a suggestion?

Mike Sigman