View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #83
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Basic elements of Aikido

Quote:
Rob Liberti wrote:
Does someone who knows a but about the Chinese expression of such things even if they have limited experience with aikido know squat about aikido - doubtful. (Unless that is that they were a true Chinese master, but I'll take yout word that there are very few of them and no westerners.)
You just can't stop, can you, Rob? I love how you embody the spirit of a lot of American Aikido.

I think it would be a good discussion, if you want to discuss it, about who knows what in Aikido (i.e.,... you're once again feeling for the "credentials in order to trivialize" idea, and it's obvious to a lot of people). Why don't you start another thread on "open discussion", since you like to go personal so much, and let's try to figure out whether my 8 years of Aikido and my knowledge of ki and kokyu gives me perhaps better "credentials", since that's what you want to argue? Of course, I suspect I'm going to simply be another victim of yours like the well-known Aikido poster on this forum whom you told me privately "doesn't know anything... he's just a nidan". But why not start another thread that just honestly devotes itself to personal attack somewhere instead of constantly going back to your venomous style, Rob? Perhaps it would do you some good to just be able to rant about me as much as you want. Oh... and please do everyone a favor and don't go disingenuous on us again. I await your thread.

Mike Sigman