View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
lbb
United_States
Re: On Civility, Political Correctness, Honesty, and Frankness

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Mary:

Where exactly did I say that it was all about me? Where exactly did I say that you were calling me a jerk? Regardless of whether or not you think that I was taking that personally, Jun was very clear in asking us to stay away from using derogatory terms such as "jerk." Do you get that now?
He asked us not to refer to each other by derogatory terms such as "jerk", and I didn't do that. Once again, we swing and miss. I am trying to take this back to the original point of contention. I did not point out your use of the term "political correctness" to say, "You, Marc, are a jerk who is using the phrase 'political correctness' to give yourself license for incivility." I've explained what my point was six times now; I won't do it again.

Quote:
You have yet to display any real attempt to engage in an honest discussion
You're wrong. Can you not accept that my attempts are quite real, but are simply not meeting with anything that you judge to be "success", and vice versa?

Quote:
I wish you the best of luck and hope that your God can help you.
And I wish you the best of luck and do you the courtesy of not assuming that you need to be "helped", simply because we don't see eye to eye on this.