Thread: True Warfare
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #78
MM
United_States
Re: True Warfare

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
if i got invaded early in the morning and if you didn't brought coffee, i would call that foul play. let me make this clear, morning -> coffee or prepare for some ass kicking warfare. there should be a Geneva convention on that: there should be no invasion of any kind, in the morning, without coffee. matter of fact, both side should sit down for coffee and donut/crone or whatever, and read the funnies in the paper and exchange morning pleasantry. after such, then invasion can begin, but not before then. not to mention, invasion should stop for lunch with jokes and banter exchange that starts with "yo mama ...." and of couse, invasion should halt for dinner where both sides would exchange recipes of MRE, follow dinner with some dancing and singing, then bed down for the night to get a good rest, in order to renew our vigor, for the next day invasion.
In World War I, during the 1914 Christmas time frame, many units on both sides stopped fighting, came together, and celebrated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

It was a time when the actions of men shone brighter than ever. Jumping to the present time, there are many people who would do similar things and call them "aikido" like. They point to doing something good, something worthwhile for their fellow man and call those actions "aikido".

If we look to Kisshomaru Ueshiba's changes in aikido, we can perhaps find some common ground to view those noted actions as "aikido". If we view them from Morihei Ueshiba's aikido, we can find no common ground. at all. There is no aiki, there is no aikido.

Those actions are religious or spiritual and in some manner founded by love. These actions are to be upheld and encouraged. From the changes Kisshomaru made, these actions can be viewed as ai(love) ki. Modern Aikido appealed to the masses because of these changes.

But make no mistake, these actions are not Morihei Ueshiba's aikido. No aiki, no aikido. No matter how much ai(love) ki you have, you will never have Morihei Ueshiba's aikido. You will have Modern Aikido, which is not something to be dismissed lightly, mind you. But that is not the same as the founder's aikido.