Thread: "Indians"
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: "Indians"

Whadda ya mean by Hispanic? South america? Spain? What?

And white... Sheesh, I am personally insulted by that. I'm more a pale-ish pink. Unless I get within a few feet of actual sunlight in which case I turn reddish. I have no idea how the Caucasus mountains got into the mix...

Heard a young lady erupt at a fast food place because someone asked if she was hispanic. She said she was a latina and her family was from Mexico. So she was a Mexican Latina. Her friend laughed and said "Girl, you were born in Lancaster..." That's when I decided I'm just going to nod a lot and never, ever ask about any ethnicity.

Except for with my daughter. I'm 1/4 Norwegian combined with a 1/4 from Wales and the rest -- a grab bag best I can tell. My wife is a "purebred" girl of Japanese heritage, but she's something between a 3rd and 4th generation American, so she's about as Japanese as I am Norwegian (read that -- not at all). Heck, her family was vastly more influenced by Hawaiian culture than Japanese.

Our daughter... Well... What the hell... I told her she can check anything she wants on forms including "who the hell knows".

On the rest of the discussion... Yeah, gotta say Hogan up above pretty much said what most are probably thinking...