View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #38
Mert Gambito
Re: No, the world is not becoming a more violent place so what are you getting out of

Quote:
Guillaume Erard wrote: View Post
. . . those who mainly seek martial efficacy in training are in my eyes wasting their time developing useless kills, and probably living in irrational fear. . . .

[S]o chill out and enjoy martial art training for what it is: a healthy habit, albeit a slightly silly, and mostly obsolete one.
Many if not most of the members of this site reside in the U.S. Here are the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI's) compiled national violent crime stats for 1992 - 2011: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...tables/table-1. Indeed, the stats verify that there has been a notable long-term downward trend in violent crime in the U.S. during that time period, i.e. from 1.9 million to 1.2 million annual reported incidents.

Um, 1.2 million is still a heckuva lot of violent crimes, so regarding the sizable U.S. contingent that frequents this site, I wouldn't blame these folks if they consider training mainly for martial efficacy to be a healthy, serious and relevant "habit". If there are any law enforcement or military folks reading this, then obviously it's a given.

Last edited by Mert Gambito : 12-30-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Mert