View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #19
Chris Li

Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
United_States
Re: O'Sensei teaching Aikido at the Hombu Dojo after WWII

Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote: View Post
If you are going to make such baseless personal charges, Chris, then point to examples of my allegedly not engaging in the discussion in a genuine way. It amazes me how some people can't see past sources to the actual evidence that they are supposed to contain. Chris posts something in Japanese and doesn't bother to translate it. People say because Pranin is the source he must be right and the fact that he bases his arguments on an incorrectly transferred film is not addressed. People point to timelines to argue that O Sensei did not teach after 1941, used interviews with people who trained under him in order to establish this timeline, and yet selectively leave out the fact that if asked these original students insist that O Sensei did guide Aikido after the war and that the changes were intentional and that the changes were improvements. I don't think I'm the one who isn't engaging in an honest way with the evidence.
OK, for all those who don't know how to use Google Translate (which isn't that great, but will get you the dates), or are unwilling to trust me to translate a simple date (I only see one person complaining about it):

http://translate.google.com/translat...2Fsaotome.html

And yes, I translated the pertinent section (the dates) in the original post.

Best,

Chris