View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Internal (Hunyuan) Strength from a Yi Chuan Perspective

Quote:
Ashe Higgs wrote: View Post
you're very selective in which parts of my posts you choose to focus and / or comment on. very duplicitous of you mike. my caveat of "unless you have a background" was very explicit.
So you have the background? What about that video you posted?
Quote:
Turns out I'll be in Phoenix around the weekend of Mar 19. What are you doing then? BTW... I think various people like Chen Xiaowang, Chen Bing, and other people come to Phoenix and do workshops. They are experts in pretty well-established styles and you might enjoy going to their workshops.
Quote:
but referring back to the OP where CF talks about directing force in multiple directions vs. force in only one direction, is something that we would put under the balance of tai chi (i.e. balance of yin/yang), although what i was specifically referring to in the clip posted was the state of his sternum which he held very open throughout most of the clip, and is different than the general posture we try to maintain.
So what is the advantage, jin-wise, of the posture you try to maintain? Why not just say jin, if you have the background? "Yin-Yang" as a descriptor sounds more like a vague buzzword.

Regards,

Mike Sigman