View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #276
Janet Rosen

Re: To bow or not to bow

Joshua Reyer wrote:
If one cannot make the simple adjustment to Japanese culture of bowing in a secular context of etiquette, how can one expect to really get the "spirit of Aikido"? A spirit born of Confucian, Buddhist, and Shinto beliefs?

Quote:
Alejandro Villanueva wrote: View Post
Maybe it's a "simple adjustment" for you. Surely not for others. Maybe it's a "secular context" for you. Surely not for others. Is it that hard to understand that not everybody lives by your standards?

And... what is exactly "the spirit of Aikido"? Did you really "got it"? Obviously not, in my opinion. Maybe yes in yours.

This is the kind of intolerance that Jun allows in the forum. Oh, because the wording is low tone. Is this the "spirit of Aikido" too? I call BS.
Alejandro, do you truly find there to be no difference between expressing an opinion about aikido or training or humanity, however distasteful an opinion you or I think it may be, and continually putting down and belittling or attacking individual people in such a way that is stifles the expression of opinion? Because I see a huge difference between the two.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield