Thread: embarresing
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 06:41 AM   #20
Dario Rosati
Dojo: Zanshin - Milan
Re: embarresing

Oh well about embarassement, hear this... your bead necklace is beginner stuff in comparison

Recently we trained in a very hot and humid evening, all windows opened... mosquitos where everywhere and plagued us all the evening.
Bonus stuff for the incoming embarassement: we had invited a friendly dojo and his sensei to train with us that evening.
At the end of the lesson, since It seems that I have "good blood", I was litterally covered with stings and scratched myself everywhere... I was so frustrated and angry against them, that when we where meditating eye-closed in seiza for the final meditation and bowing ritual, as fast as i heard "bzzzt" in my hear I smashed a mosquito with a loud "CLAP!" with my hands in the total silence, and before thinking what i had done, even dare to say (quietly, but in the total silence it surely sounded loudly) "Yeah! One less!"...

I'll let you imagine the surprised reaction of the ready-to-bow senseis... I was red as a pepper and would have started to dig a hole in the mat to engrave myself inside... fortunately both senseis and the practiotioners are very handy people and all ended with a laugh after few seconds of uninterminable silence, in which they realized who had clapped and why

Some practitioners and even the sensei of the other dojo still point at me as "Aah! The Mosquito Guy" when we met at seminars

Bye!

--