View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #29
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: Trip to Paris

Quote:
Olivier Ledru wrote:
Ron, which is your favorite aikido "style" ? In Paris, you will find high-ranked teachers in most of the major aikido styles.
Well, I train mostly in Yoshinkan, but I try to get out and see other things as well. I would like to try an iwama style dojo if possible.

Quote:
If you are interested in "Iwama style", you can meet Pat. Guerri as suggest by Nicolas.
For Pat. Guerri, she will welcome you and she will be very sensitive if you call/mail her before. We will be very happy to meet you.
Excellent, I'll try to reach out to her. Thanks!

Quote:
If you stay close to Elancourt (far in the west suburbs of Paris), going to Paris for evening classes is not very easy.
Yes, that's what I understand. The GF and I are still laying out ittenerary, so I'm looking at all my options at this point. I found one iwama dojo near Elancourt, but no response to emal there. I'm sure something will pop up...it always does!

If I do go somewhere in Paris, we'll probably go during day, and just stay through the evening. Maybe even stay overnight in Paris...

Hmm, from the website, looks like a saturday class or a weekday afternoon class would be really great...Thanks!

Best,
Ron

Last edited by Ron Tisdale : 04-03-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)