View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: Using ki-skills for "aiki" in Daito-Ryu

[quote=Jim Sorrentino;216779]Hello Dan,You're quite right - I should have been more specific: would you please post a link to a video of traditional Japanese Martial Arts showing body work that does impress you? Again, I must remind you that I am not asking you to post a video of yourself --- or your classes, for that matter.

Please describe how to look for it, and specifically what you are looking for. Also, because we have never met, I am not sure how you would know anything about my ability to see good, bad, or indifferent motion.

Jim,

Finally!!!

I've been waiting for someone to comment about this peculiar thread. Two guys who profess "I don't put up videos of myself" because you "need to feel" IT, who then profess a critique of OTHERS who do put up videos...is so DOUBLE STANDARD.

How can these two guys tell if the OTHERS have "IT" by watching their videos? Yet, it is impossible for US to determine if they have "IT"...as such THEY DON'T PUT UP VIDEOS OF THEMSELVES.

Though I am quite happy to see that Dan and Mike...don't agree on what they SEE as IT. By the way Mike...I agree with you...the guy in the tape does have IT!!!

Best,
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola