Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #40
Eric in Denver
Dojo: Ronin
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Golden Lights

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Let me see....

Through this experience Sokaku learned a great deal about his own attitude toward martial arts training. Until them, he had devoted himself to his training only hoping to become strong and to be able to win in a match. However, he realized that he could not compare with the supernatural powers possessed by the ascetics who could call the clouds and wind. He was clearly defeated by them and deeply ashamed of himself. Sokaku also learned that he had been a man of little faith.

Sokaku continued his martial arts training and at the same time began visiting dojos of esoteric Buddhism in various towns intending also to engage in religious training. He moreover visited spiritual mountains in the country for training. Later, Sokaku studied under Chikanori Hoshina (aka Tanomo Saigo) who was an assistant priest of the Nikko Toshogu Shrine in Mt. Futara. He studied the secret mind reading technique of aiki and acquired various super-human powers such as an unyielding spirit, clairvoyant power, and prescience.
Thank you, Demetrio, I was not aware of this story. That changes my perspective a bit, not sure how at the moment.

Quote:

Claim? Where?
Okay, okay claim was too strong of a word, I apologize. What I meant was support for the possibilities put forth by this question:

Quote:

Demetrio Cereijo wrote:
What if all three are the same thing but explained differently?