View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #244
rob_liberti
Dojo: Shobu Aikido of Connecticut
United_States
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
John Connolly wrote: View Post
Most of us in the TNBBC have felt reasonably good results in power delivery/reception and balance maintenance mindfully practicing Aunkai and various IMA tanren over the last 2 or so years, and I imagine it can only get better... and I don't think we need to be in retirement age to reap the rewards.
Okay. I am certainly not an expert myself and I can't speak for who knows what. I had attempted to start that post explaining who was on the 25-35 year plan (which is still respectable if you ask me ) and who was on the faster track to those skills. All of the groups I was aware of that I mentioned I considered faster track groups unless I specified otherwise. I could have been more clear.

So is Christian Moses not part of the TNBBC in the Washington state area?

It was good to know I was wrong about Sam Chin's methodology where it turns out he is teaching on the fast track after all.

Then of course there will be further divisions. Is Aukuzawa as internal as Dan or Mike? That is not clear. Is Dan's training not as robust as what Mike teaches? Is what Mike teaches that Dan doesn't as necessary for learning this stuff initially? Please no one try to answer these questions in this thread. I'm not looking to start an internal power/aiki holy war. I'm just pointing out that people interested in this stuff will probably start cross training and asking these questions internally to start making their own decisions about where they think continuing to put their focus will help them the most.

Rob

Last edited by rob_liberti : 07-03-2008 at 06:23 AM.