Thread: Power Proud
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
DH
United_States
Re: Power Proud

Quote:
Rennis Buchner wrote: View Post
This is the same teaching that is used in the ryuha that Takeda Sokaku learned in his younger days I alluded to above. In the line I am familiar with it is chanted at the beginning of every keiko.

Rennis
Chris
You beat me to it. I was preparing for a trip when I read it on my phone.
Rennis.
It's also part of two I know of that predate the one you are referring to by a few hundred years. But lets not quibble, as it is in the ICMA as well. Once again it is just Ueshiba pointing to a macro that is a seamless whole.
To be clear, it relates to aiki, although it's basis is connected power it is not power or being Power Proud™ Actually, it is a premier method to neutralize power without using much power at all and it is in line with the six harmonies in how it is manifests.

It's nice to see others picking up my argument for me. As I continue to point out- these things are out there in Koryu.
From China to Koryu. I would bet odds that those who are taught them do not know how to really work them so that In/Yo is sustained but that's for another day.
What continues to amaze me is to see Japanese Aikido shihan get up and show it in use...and not mention one word of what it is, where it came from, how to do it, why it works, what the pitfalls are to it failing. Hell, I openly show it in rooms and people still fail at it over and over for VERY simple reasons. Proving once again that Simple, is hard.
All the best
Dan