View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 09:35 AM   #46
jgrowney
Dojo: Rochester New York Aikido Club
Frank,

Glad to hear that you have found what works for you. Looks like you have found a way to really balance lifestyle with diet. I'm not there yet... but working on it:-)

Kevin,

Same goes. Please know that I'm not challenging your beliefs here. Don't take it personally. I'm simply putting out there one way to the top of the mountain. This is not to say this is the only way. This is simply the way that O-Sensei chose, so I'm told by my teacher. See earlier thread on this site (Gyo #8).

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...ghlight=Misogi

I'm not suggesting anything outlandish here. Just finding balance for the individual. IF you have found yours, then congratulations. Just know that it will change over time as everything else in life does.

All I know is that (in general) the health of our nation has not gotten better over the last 50 or 100 years... despite longer life expectancy. Macro is not just about diet. It's about lifestyle and diet combined. Maybe a move towards simplicity is a good idea for many Americans. Again, that's up to the individual. So if it's not for you disregard it.

You see the difference here is that my perspective includes yours. I simply see the other side of the coin as well. It's just a bigger perspective. Not that bigger is necessarily better, but it is for me.

"The Seven Universal Principles of the Infinite Universe:

1. Everything is a differentiation of One Infinity.

2. Everything changes.

3. All antagonisms are complementary.

4. There is nothing identical.

5. What has a front has a back.

6. The bigger the front, the bigger the back.

7. What has a beginning has an end.

The Twelve Laws of Change of the Infinite Universe:

1. One Infinity manifests itself into complementary and antagonistic tendencies, yin and yang, in its endless change.

2. Yin and yang are manifested continuously from the eternal movement of one infinite universe.

3. Yin represents centrifugality. Yang represents centripetality. Yin and yang together produce energy and all phenomena.

4. Yin attracts yang. Yang attracts yin.

5. Yin repels yin. Yang repels yang.

6. Yin and yang combined in varying proportions produce different phenomena. The attraction and repulsion among phenomena is proportional to the difference of yin and yang forces.

7. All phenomena are ephemeral, constantly changing their constitution of yin and yang forces; yin changes into yang, yang changes into yin.

8. Nothing is solely yin or solely yang. Everything is composed of both tendencies in varying degrees.

9. There is nothing neuter. Either yin or yang is in excess in every occurrence.

10. Large yin attracts small yin. Large yang attracts small yang.

11. Extreme yin produces yang, and extreme yang produces yin.

12. All physical manifestations are yang at the center, and yin at the surface.

My original post on this thread was simply meant to lead others towards contemplation of another perspective. I can see by your posts that you have given this some consideration.

Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,

Jim

Jim Growney