View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain
Re: Jukka O. Lampila - Empty Force

This is the version of one of the attending skeptics:

Hi guys,

The spanish organizer thought I wasn't yet mentally and open minded prepared for EFO, but I was finally allowed to attend the demonstration because Jukka Lampila personally invited me via Facebook.

So, we came together 6 skeptics to the seminar, it was supposed to be 30 minutes long, but lastly reached 2h. Lot of people asked questions and verbally disputed EFO's claims, but the ones who on december 6th physically interacted with Jukka were spanish Kyusho instructor Raśl Merino, Skeptic 1, me, Skeptic 2 and Skeptic 3.

The demonstration began with Jukka Lampila stating that if you open your heart, you could neutralize any attacker with harmful intentions. In fact, the more aggressive is the attacker, much easily EFO affects him. So, Raśl Merino first pushes his shoulder as 'being friendly', and nothing happens. But when Raśl is asked to push Jukka with 'angry' intentions, then Jukka guided a little bit Merino's arm and shortly sent him flying with no visible technique. He repeated this a couple of times, including just kindly placing his hand over Merino's chest when he was on the ground, being Merino completely unable to move or stand up.

Another EFO display was just shaking hands with Merino and 'opening his heart', quickly Merino falling down and feeling with 'no worries'.

Thereafter Skeptic 1 asks if EFO works with everyone, asking Jukka to test it with him. Lampila put his hand on Skeptic 1's chest and after a while says his energy is somehow blocked and EFO could not work. Anyway Skeptic 1 insists and Jukka ask him to push with 'intention'. Jukka then tried the same moves he made with Raśl Merino but nothing happens and Skeptic 1 keeps pushing one time and another. Jukka continues attempting to execute his EFO but Skeptic 1 doesn't fall, moreover, he does some fake punches to show Jukka how he could strike him during the process.

Jukka claimed again Skeptic 1's energy was stagnant, and then tried with me. He put his hans on my chest and noticed my heart beating speedily (yeah, a bit nervous when being the focus of attention...) and said my heart was 'closed' and EFO wouldn't work with me. I asked him to try anyway the pushing exercise but then Skeptic 2 starts asking how could EFO work if you don't know about the emotional state of the attacker.

After some discussion Jukka asks Skeptic 2 to push him, and Skeptic 2 pushes Jukka a few times but with a 'snap effect'. Jukka stops him asking him to push only in his left shoulder and with a deep push, so the 'intention' could remain. Skeptic 2 then argues nobody will push like he was asking for. Jukka said it wouldn't work with snaps because the 'intention' gets lost, but then Skeptic 2 concludes EFO could not work VS snap punches like a simple Jab, so EFO only works with no trained people.

Conclusion: we were trying to check if EFO worked with skeptics and it didn't. Once said that, the Finnish team started talking between them, probably thinking how to answer our arguments.

After that they changed their speech: EFO wasn't a self-defense system 'at all', it was a method to improve people's life and help them being better persons. Even all their videos and website are all about an attacker being controlled by Jukka's EFO, thinking about it as a Martial Art or self-defense system was a wrong and unfair deduction (lol).

Skeptic 3 then stood up and claimed he has no experience in martial arts and he was not even in good shape. He punched a training bag and asked if Jukka, probably the most powerful Empty Force master in the world, would be able to stop some noob punches. Jukka asked of course he could: if Skeptic 3 attacked, he for sure wouldn't be able to reach him. Then Skeptic 3 asks to try it and Jukka answers no. When asked 'why?' Jukka answered 'I don't know'.

Trying again to avoid a true self-defence test more than pushing, other Finnish students started saying EFO was not designed to show who had the biggest Ego, and that EFO was not about fighting.

Close to the end, a Finnish student recognized in a private discussion that throwing people flying was just marketing to attract people, being EFO just some kind of healing and personal improving method.

We've got some interesting videos with Raśl Merino being EFOed as Jukka's Uke and Jukka's attempts with the skeptics. Don't expect a 'Kiai Master VS MMA' like video because it's not. It would not be something spectacular but I think the video shows how EFO fails.

All answers the Finnish team gave about EFO were contrary to all the principles of Physics, and even logically incoherent. I'm very sure they were never asked critically because they were improvising the answers and reasonings, being his last claims 'it's a matter of opinion'.

The day after this demonstration, the spanish organizers admitted EFO maybe was not the proper tool for self-defence situations, but nowadays they continue trusting in EFO as a way of spiritual grow and complement to their martial practice. They will also make a video about their Saturday 7th seminar, were supposedly EFO worked with at least 60% of the assistants.

We are now working on our video, when finished I will post it here.

Bold mine.