View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #37
IvLabush
Czech_Republic
Re: The techniques of Budo Renshuu #50-60

Dear all!
I'm Ivan Labushevskiy, Daito-ryu aikijujutsu Takumakai practitioner. Me and my training partner - Andrey Kuropyatnyk - we are students of Jyrki Rytila sensei 5 dan (student of Amatsu Yutaka Shihan Hiden 8 dan, kyoju dairi and Kawabe Takeshi Shihan, Hiden 8 dan, kyoju dairi).

We practice techniques called Shoden 118 kajo (also known as Hiden Mokuroku Daito-ryu Aikibudo soke Takeda Tokimune) as basics like mostly Takumakai groups. Also we practice Daito-ryu aikijujutsu techniques from Hisa Takuma's Soden (formal name Daito-ryu Aiki Budo Densho Zen Juikkan). These are 11th books with more than 1500 photos that Takuma Hisa sensei made while had practiced under Ueshiba sensei and Takeda sensei from 1933 to 1939 years. From 1st to 5th books called "Aikido", 6th called "Asahi-ryu jujutsu" (by name of Asahi Shimbun newspaper, but different kanji), that includes high level Ueshiba sensei's wazas. From 7th to 9th called "Daito-ryu aikijujutsu" and consists of Takeda sensei's wazas. There are also two books called Hogi Hiden (grappling secrets or police arrest techniques) and Yoshi Budo (women self defense techniques).

We noticed interest to Ueshiba sensei's prewar techniques described in training manual called "Budo Renshuu". As I know from Takao Kunigoshi interview wazas from "Budo Renshuu" are Morihei Ueshiba's Daito-ryu aikijujutsu. So we had done small demonstration of those wazas using our understanding of Soden ideas from first five books. Those are ikkajo, nikajo, sankajo, yonkajo and irimi. It's not a wazas actually but ideas that uses in a lot of different kind of wazas.

Reading description and analyzing "Budo Renshuu" we saw few interesting things. First of all is that "Budo Renshuu" mostly includes ikkajo wazas but there are some nikajo wazas also. All of them with some changes we can find in the first five books of Hisa Takuma's Soden. Moreover "Budo Renshuu" includes some simple variation of high level Ueshiba sensei's wazas and a lot of aikinage variations. So the most interesting is that some "Budo Renshuu" wazas with changes we can saw in Hiden Mokuroku Daito-ryu Aikibudo soke Takeda Tokimune's ikkajo and nikajo sets.

We took thirty of them to demonstrate: ten idori (suwari) wazas, five hazahandachi (hanmihandachi) wazas, ten tachiai (tachi) wazas and five ushirodori wazas. Here is a video.

Kind regards, Ivan Labushevskiy.