View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #640
eyrie

Australia
Re: Baseline skillset

But... there is no resistance Erick... and you'd be surprised how much load a properly trained body can withstand... But then again, we're not talking about the body having to withstand the load, and instead, spreading the load across the frame and fascia structures to the ground, which bears the main brunt of the load.

And by all accounts, O'Sensei was still extremely strong, even in his old age... despite the fact that he had to be carried in and out of the dojo. But then, you only really need as much strength as you do to remain standing.... it's the getting up outta bed and down part that's the problem..

So, no, I don't plan on being a doddering, slobbering and incontinent old man when I'm 60, 70 or 80... hopefully I'll still be running 40-50kg bags of chicken feed up the hill, and push starting the missus' ol' heap of shi'te (the ol' 1 tonne ute) UP the inclined driveway, just using the ground, when I'm well past my prime... (oops... wait a minute... I AM past my prime...but HEY this boy don't need to take them little blue pills!)

Ignatius