View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 09:39 AM   #28
ChristianBoddum

Dojo: Aarhus AiKiKai
Hi !

I really know very little about the Omoto-kyo but as I understand it,it's a blended practice of christianity and shinto beliefs,the japanese seems to have been able to blend beliefs in a working manner, ex. you can marry according to christianity and be burried in a buddhist manner.

As to the practice of aikido,when you bow to shomen and O'senseis picture,as a christian you can bow to God to say thank you for the creation of man - without man there would be no O'sensei,then you thank for giving you such a great teacher to help you transform into a being that is complete, in accord with yourself and your belief.Finally,Nishio sensei has said that aikido is the Budo of forgivenes,so by training aikido you can become not just the word but also the physical expression of christianity.

The original japanese sword - the one that cuts through to new sollutions may not be the sword Jesus was the speaker of but I do see the two can act in accordance of each other.

I too have chosen Jesus as my saviour and have no trouble with the two,it's just a shame that it is so hard to get other believers to enter a dojo to try the wonderful practice of aikido.

Turn your foot from evil, prov.4 v.27 -

irimi tenkan.

yours - Chr.B.