Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #304
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Ken McGrew wrote: View Post
My name is Ken.

Were Dan, Mark, and Chris direct students of Takeda Sensei, O Sensei, or Saotome Sensei? It is they and others who made various claims about their teachings. They can make claims based on written words, videos, and personal experience, but I can't. It's such a dishonest way of engaging in debate.

You'll need to read the discussion from start to finish to understand what has transpired.
Ken:

1) I have been following this thread since it's inception. I actually responded to you back in post #90.

2) The people who you mentioned do not have to be direct students in order to make claims about other teachers. The people who you mentioned are far more informed, knowledgeable, experienced and open-minded than you. You might do well to step back from your position and begin to explore why your seniors in your organization ( people in other organizations as well) are pursuing the directions that they are.

3) [Ed: Link to personal information irrelevant to discussion removed.] This link ring a bell? Maybe it's me, but you seem to be a little bit like Don Quixote, swinging at the windmills.

4) You might do well to redirect your determination in more fruitful directions. You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing..... Just a friendly suggestion....

Marc Abrams

Last edited by akiy : 11-15-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Removed link to personal information irrelevant to topic