View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England
Re: How to Leave a Dojo?

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
I guess this ties in a bit with the tough economic times theme. My work has been incredibly sporadic since the recession hit and I've finally accepted that Aikido is going to have to be cut from my budget. It's my third most expensive monthly bill behind my mortgage and health insurance. I love my dojo and all the folks there and absolutely intend to start up again when finances allow.

My question is - how do I respectfully resign from the dojo? I really don't want to share the information about my finances as the reason. My sensei was already kind enough to let me slide for a month last year. I don't think it's fair to try to stay on if I can't provide the financial support like everyone else does. I'm figuring that I will write a letter to my sensei, but what should I say? I would appreciate any advice.
Please speak to your teacher. Once you explain he may be able to help ? .. I have seen good students leave without explanation, they say goodnight after practice and disappear, sad..maybe they had your problem where we would have made concessions..

Henry Ellis
http://aikido-controversy.blogspot.com/