View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #1542
Alberto_Italiano
Re: Aikido does not work at all in a fight.

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
Alberto,

If she (or anyone) doesn't want martial effectivenes, why do you care?
I don't care in fact.

As said, mine is not a crusade. On forums, one may take the opportunity of answering a post, that by venture is posted by a specific person, but we must keep all in the perspective of us dealing with a global forum: we, and me, are not actually replying to that or that specific person (even regardless of the fact at times it seems so - we're actually addressing the argument, not the person), we're addressing the topic.

Here I wasn't really addressing this or that person, but the thread's argument - which then may develop in several directions all pertinent with the general topic (in our case, that aikido does not work).

So, I am not saying to Kat that she should do this or that: she does what she wants.

Rather, I am taking the opportunity of her objection to treat it as a general objection - being this, in this case, that size would matter.

Therefore I reply that size does not matter: the example of boxing categories was brought forth (again by katherine, but as said I use posts only as thoughts to elaborate and not to be regarded as strctly linked to their authors).
In this regard, take a feather weight with a few years of experience on his shoulders (or under his belt) and make him fight with a heavy weight with no boxing experience: you will witness one of the soundest, hopeless and one-way beating you will ever see, and it won't be the heavy guy who will be delivering it...

What other example could be brought, clearer than this, to signify that size does not matter, but that only training does?

Last edited by Alberto_Italiano : 10-23-2011 at 02:17 PM.