View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #34
DH
United_States
Re: IP : videos, explanations and hopefully more

Quote:
John Burn wrote: View Post
Ok,

Time for me to jump in... Mateusz is not English and calls everyone strange things, he's not meaning anything derogatory by the terms Mr Dan or Mr Mike... However he is completely and utterly barking mad.

Having said that, he's his own person and is very welcome from my point of view to go and meet Mike, Dan, Akuzawa, Ushiro and of course Ikeda sensei or anyone else. I mention all of them on the classes but make no bones of the fact I felt more at home with Mike over Dan, doesn't mean Mateusz would think the same, I suspect he'd like Dan very much and I suspect Dan would like putting him on his backside just as much as we all do! Dan, should you ever meet a crazy Polish guy with angry eyes, it's Mateusz, although if he called you Mr Dan it might give the game away .

Think of him as a curious puppy. He wants to see and know what the 'other' guys are playing at, tis all. Actually, we constantly get asked how long we've had our puppy when we take him out in public.
I got that too John.
I also agree that everyone should get out to feel everyone. No one can be all things to all men. Hence my VERY public recommendations to folks to get out there and do so.

I was talking about this with Toby the other day. We both agree that the more exposure people have to this kind of work, and to various approaches, the better. It's not a contest. It's also interesting that broader exposure benefits and doesn't detract from training. Sure there are some methods that may contradict, but others will overlap. And who reaps the benefit....well, Budo.

We are perhaps living in the best era to learn budo there ever was, if we slow down and take the time to learn.
Dan