Old 02-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #56
E.D. Gordon
Dojo: Shobukan Maryland
United_States
Re: Women and Everybody Else in Aikido

Quote:
Don J. Modesto wrote:
Ha! What a hoot
Thanks for this. Turning things around is so insightful. Yeah.
Ain't no turned around, amigo.
This is the the way the world is, from 52% of the population.

I'm more interested in finding meeting ground than generating contests, so I don't often bring it up.

A man can easily best me 9 times out of 10, but unless he kills me outright, I'll outlive him, the same 9 times out of 10.
It's just evolution.

I think at this time it is more important to be egalitarian than to be strictly "feminist" as men have rights which need attending to as well.

Imagine a career man trying to take paternity leave in the states. We have German friends who have done just this, and it is perfect for them. Of course, they get three years. Just enough to get the little monkey to humanity. I think it's three months in the US? Barely enough time to get the lil' critter weaned.

Imagine a world where no one fears cooking, or nurturing, or being in command and kicking @ss. No one fears it, everyone can do it, and no one feels the need to do any immature finger-pointing when someone crosses some arbitrary "roles" line.

If Afghanistan can elect a female governor, the rest of the world can handle this.

Don, come to Bavaria, and the first beer's on me.

mle
(and the difference between US religious right extremists and Taliban extremists is.... ???)