View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Teaching a Beginner What Aikido Isn't

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
"He who has gained the secret of Aikido has the inverse in himself and can say, "I am the universe." When an enemy tries to fight with him, the universe itself, he has to break the harmony of the universe. Hence at the moment he has the mind to fight with me, he is already defeated." -MOREHEI UYESHIBA

William Hazen
in the plain and straight manner, vs gayish or strange or mobid, of translating what Ueshiba said,

"i am the universe, dawg! if you give me bad vibe, i owned you as i owned this universe. and i will aiki you into the next century where youse mama won't even recognize you, dawg!" wonder if we can make some rap song out of his doku.

i kinda like to follow this approach "plan for the worst, hope for the best". so i kinda plan for walking down a dark alley alone (there is no dark alley where i live so i have to build some) and be set upon by a gang of UFC champs wielding various weapon of choice, trapped by a gang of mimes in a box, and follows by a horde of clowns with big red nose and large shoes. i am sure i can handle the UFC gang, but the mimes and clowns are vicious and deadly. i have not find a way to deal with them yet. any advise would be appreciated.

at the last seminar with Ikeda sensei, he mentioned about some secret techniques of runfu. sounded very interesting. going to ask him to teach it.