Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #161
Eric Winters
Dojo: Aikido of San Leandro and Berkeley
United_States
Re: VoE: AWASE - The Principle of AIKI

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Eric:

You could not be farther from the truth. Dan gives EXPLICIT "how to's" in the clearest, sequential manner than any other person I have ever trained with. The sheer number of people who have attended one of his seminars can clearly attest to this. Knock yourself out and test your own hypothesis out. Who knows, you might later be offering an apology or retraction of this belief.

As to the larger issue of the intellectual debate that some would like to place this topic in....... Go Fish! You can talk until the dawn of a new era and nothing, nothing with have changed. Those who are pursuing this type of IP work are changing. Those left wasting their precious moments in useless, intellectual debates about a tangible product, will keep on in the direction that they are heading in. People who train with people from each group will very quickly understand reality.

Mark has not only produced more historical context than anyone else posting, but he is also doing the tangible work necessary for change. I give him a lot of credit for continually placing this information out there so others can make their feckless attacks on his research. Personally, I find it more rewarding to do the work and leave these debates to others.

Good Luck!

Marc Abrams
Hi Mark,

Sorry I did not make myself clear. I meant he doesn't give much verbal info online and I actually believe he can deliver the goods. I myself train with Toby Threadgill and know what I believe Aiki feels like. I really have nothing against Dan at all it just sounds like a lot of the posts just belittle aikidoka.

Thanks,

Eric