View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #19
TokyoZeplin
Dojo: Seishinkan Dojo
Denmark
Re: A word on Time Trained and Ranking

Quote:
Jørgen Jakob Friis wrote: View Post
Phillip: you've been asking a lot of questions. I would recommend you leave you computer and go practice. I am a web-junkie myself, but in my point of view all the research and all the thoughts and well formulated posts have no value unless they reflect actual physical training. Get some mat time and start developing your own understanding instead of approaching Aikido from a purely theoretical point of view. It will surely be much more rewarding and better for your mind, body and understanding of this martial art with its many interpretations.

Have fun.
Why does everyone in the world think my name has two L's?
That said, I would if I could my man! Sadly, the Yoshinkan dojo (well... only Yoshinkan dojo within 1 hour distance from me) I plan on starting in, is closed for the summer, and starts again September. I'm looking forward to bouncing around looking at different styles and Dojo's in Tokyo, when I head there again in August, which I suppose in the end will end up deciding which is for me.
But I'm a (finishing up) Masters student, I can't help but attack everything theoretically!

This thread, however, as I started out saying, isn't necessarily about Aikido, but Martial Arts in general, in which I do have experience

Last edited by TokyoZeplin : 07-09-2012 at 04:59 AM.